Friday 27 May 2016

orchids, oleanders

Have I told you lately that… you make me real?
I feel the wind. I spread my wings.
I fly.

I am a Sunflower. I turn my face to the Sun.  
I am a Lily. I hang my head to hide my sorrow.
I am an Orchid. I entice you with my smell.
I am a White Oleander. Come, taste my poison.

Those lazy days, I was lying down on the floor, starring at the ceiling,
smelling that suffocating fragrance of exotic flowers and drinking about you.

Lazy calm.

Those lazy days I needed your hand on my forehead.
I needed you to calm me down, to bring the silence.

Those lazy days I was drunk by that smell, the smell of lilac, of eldelberry.
Those lazy days your head was wrapped up in my raven-black locks,
so soft, so warm, so paralyzing, so overwhelming.

Those days… I had already known I weren’t yours.

My cave is deep now,
your light is shining through.

I cover my eyes and all I see is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment