Thursday 7 January 2016

underwater

A woman.

'He fell in love. 
No,  heard it was the sea he fell in love with.

Same story, different versions. And all are true. See, it was a woman as changing and harsh and untamable as the sea. He never stopped loving her. But the pain it caused was too much to live with, but not enough ti cause him to die.'

The Sea can’t be quiet.

Every time I look into its dim abyss, I feel its power.
I feel a cold wind on my face, drops of salt water on my lips, damp hair sticking to my forehead. 
I am a pirate. Only a pirate knows and is able to take a risk. Only a pirate can appreciate this dangerous beauty.

And I saw frothed waves and I felt them crashing me. I saw lightnings and I heard peals. 
I saw a whirlpool but I kept walking. I took a deep breath and I dived. 
Sea’s roar turned into buzzing. I blinked a few times and I saw it.

I saw the underwater world.

I saw mermaids, beautiful and frightening at the same time. I saw tritons armed with tridents and selkies with their seal’s tails.

I saw sandy floor and a palace of white marble. I saw slow movements of fishtails. I looked at my feet and there was a flipper. I looked at my hands and I saw webbed fingers. 
I swallowed water and I felt it passing through my gills.

And I stuck out of the water in my bath.


I was lucky at least once more. As always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment